[Consol] Consol 2004 - Application for conference on Free Software

Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3) ohrc at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Oct 26 14:18:43 CST 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 02:45:57PM -0500, Dave Poirier wrote:
> Good Day,
>
>   My name is Dave Poirier, I gave 2 keynote speeches at Consol 2003 last
>   year in Mexico City.

That is that I call formality!

>   I would like to repeat the experience this year,

Cool, we would miss you if you were not present at Consol 2004.

>   presenting one keynote speech (Using Proprietary Technology in Open
>   Source Software) and one tutorial (The Unununium Database File
>   System).

The call for paper is not open yet. But its going to be (where I have understood)
opened the next week.

People here in the organization of CONSOL wrote a Conference Management System
(COMAS) so, all is controled via web.

We (I) will tell you as much as soon the system (COMAS) is published at www.consol.org.mx
when you can send your speeches. (had already said: the next week)

>   Iwould be willing to cover the transportation fees if accomodation
>   (room in someone's house is fine) could be provided.

We really appreciate much that, and i think that there are no problem.
You can find lodging in our houses or in the host hotel of the congress without any problem.
¡You are welcome!

>   Let me know if this would be of any interest to the CONSOL 2004
>   commitee so I can prepare more information for final review.

Oo yea, we are interested!

>   Dave Poirier
>   Open Source Software advocates
>   +1.204.997.6253

Hoping to see you soon,

The guy who drive the Peugeot from Consol 2003
to the Beer Factory and put your life in danger... :D

--
octavio ruiz                    tacvbo at tacvbo do net
www.tacvbo.net                     (+52 55) 55 94 55 68