[Consol] Re: CONSOL - Dave Poirier

Dave Poirier eks at onee-san.net
Tue Jan 21 21:29:24 CST 2003

Hi Gunnar (and the commity),

  no problem for the delay, Cesar was mostly able to keep me from
  worrying, just thought I'd check up on things to make sure you guys
  aren't missing any information.

  I'm ready to do the 90 minutes keynote, like Cesar pointed out, it's
  more like 75 mins speech + 15mins questions.  I'll down the technical
  details a bit and go with a more general level which should help
  accomodate a larger audience.  Technical questions can always be
  answered after the conference, I'll surely have plenty time to meet
  ppl there.

  If you don't mind instead of presenting VOiD itself, I'd rather go
  with a more appropriate (while still talking about VOiD) topic like
  "Designing an OS for portable bytecode, improving system
  performances".  Which additionally to VOiD, would approach security
  mechanisms implemented in the application's space rather than by the
  kernel, as well as various other techniques we used.

  As for the tutorial, I'll gladly continue it, I'm guessing there will
  be at least one computer with FreeBSD/Linux on it available for the
  session?

  Looking forward to meeting you all!

  -eks, Dave Poirier.
  instinc at users.sf.net