[Consol] CONSOL - Dave Poirier

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Tue Jan 21 15:00:32 CST 2003

Hi again, Dave!

Ok... Excuse me for the long delay - I asked César to keep you from
worrying too much ;-)

I had not contacted you because we were still without a single cent... I
got some people to lend us some money, so I think tomorrow, at most by the
end of the week I will have your ticket done.

I noticed you proposed some talks. I had not approved them yet because I
wanted to ask you:

I understand you have a very technical profile, and some of our attendants
will surely be well below your level. We are, of course, inviting you - We
would like you to give a keynote speech. What is the difference between
this and what we are offering to everyone else? That all conferences will
"compete" with three other conferences for audience, while keynotes will
be on their own. Keynotes are also scheduled for 90 minutes, not for 60.

Do you think your proposed talk on VOiD is best for giving a keynote
speech, or a regular one? If you prefer having it as a regular one, do you
want to give also a keynote?

Of course, your tutorial is approved as you sent it.

PS - I am CC:ing this to the comitee's mailing list - please do so with
your reply, as I am about to leave my office, and (if you have answered by
then) your answer will be useful for them, as today (in +-3hr) the
academic comitee is meeting to make the schedules.

Greetings!

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23