[Consol] [fwd] Re: Checking on Mexico invitation again (from: gloria at wall.org)

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at gwolf.cx
Fri Jan 9 13:17:35 CST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Gloria Wall <gloria at wall.org> -----

From: Gloria Wall <gloria at wall.org>
To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf at debian.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:05:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Checking on Mexico invitation again

Gunnar Wolf wrote:

>Hi again!
>
>Gloria Wall dijo [Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:59:05AM -0800]:
>

>>Dear Gunnar
>>
>>I was assuming we would have to pay for the children's plane tickets if
>>we brought them--I just wanted to be sure that there would be room for
>>them where we are staying.
>>

>Well, we finally got everything in order to bring you and Larry -
>Having your children here would in this case be perfect, don't worry a
>bit about it!

Thanks--this will be lovely.

>Perfect. The conference will be february 10 to 13, I would at least
>suggest you to get here at least one day before. As I told you, on Feb
>14 (Saturday) we will have a social activity (probably to an important
>archeological site nearby), so I suggest you to go back on Sunday 15.
>
>The closest airport is Mexico City International (MEX). I understand
>the closest to you is San José, right? I will start working on this.

We can come on whatever days would be convenient.  San Jose ariport is
indeed very close but if you can get a better rate by using San
Francisco airport that also is not very far away.

>>The other thing I want to discuss is food.  Larry can't eat anything
>>with wheat, eggs, tomatoes or seafood, including ocean fish.  I'm sorry
>>if this causes trouble.  Usually he can find something he can eat most
>>places, but we might need tranlation help since none of us have studied
>>Spanish.
>>

>Don't worry, there are plenty of places to eat near where we will host
>the conference. Mexican food is known for being spicy and hard on the
>stomach, but I am sure you will be able to find just what you
>need. Language can be a problem, as not many people speak English
>around here (at the hotel it should be much easier), but someone will
>always be glad to go have lunch with you and help with that.
>
>...Anyway, it might be easier if you told me what is Larry actually
>_allowed_ to eat, so I can think of dish names you may safely ask for
>:)

Believe it or not, Larry can eat things that are very spicy with no
problem.  Actually he can eat so many things that it easier to say the
things he can't eat.  The usual trouble we have with Mexican food is
finding things without tomato in them.  Sometimes it's hard to tell what
has tomato.  Other than that, it's mostly not eating fish or eggs, and
getting things with corn tortillas instead of wheat flour ones.  No
bread or pasta.

Looking forward to coming,
Gloria

- ----- End forwarded message -----