[Consol] Re: Invitation to Mexican National Free Software Conference (feb2003) (fwd)

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Sun Jan 12 12:58:46 CST 2003

Mi respuesta a Gilmore...

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:58:27 -0600 (CST)
From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx>
To: John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com>
Cc: gnu at new.toad.com, ah at well.com
Subject: Re: Invitation to Mexican National Free Software Conference
    (feb2003)

> I will be glad to pay for my own ticket, and Annie can pay for hers.
> You should spend your money making the conference better for the people
> who attend.
>
> We have still not made my travel plans, but we will do that soon.

Well... I cannot thank you enough! :-D

Ok... I still offer you, after the conference, to pay for your plane
ticket if we stay with enough money to do so. Of course, we *will* pay for
your stay here.

Please notify me when you have your flight details, so we can arrange for
someone to pick you up.

> We'll try this and see how it works.  We live in San Francisco.
>
> Soy trabajando en mucho software libre.  Por ejemplo:
>
>    GNU Radio		     http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/gnuradio.html
>    BitTorrent		     http://www.bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
>    FreeS/WAN (Linux IPSEC)   http://www.freeswan.org/
>    WINE (Windows Emulator)   http://www.winehq.org
>
> I can speak about any of this software, or about the experience of
> starting and running a successful free software business (Cygnus,
> which was bought by Red Hat).  It is your choice.  My Spanish is very
> bad, but I will do the best I can.

Great!

Well... You have a *lot* of things you can talk about - We originally
thought about you for a talk on the work of the EFF - Of course, we
believe the EFF's work towards freedom for the online community is closely
related to Free Software.

Now, if you are willing, we can set up two different sessions for you, one
for this and one for more technical topics. I think the audience will
mainly be interested on the FreeS/WAN, maybe also in the Wine projects.

The last day of the conference we will have a radio show ("En Torno al
Ciberespacio", http://www.ciberquistas.com/) - maybe you can participate
with them talking about GNU Radio...

Please take a look at http://www.consol.org.mx/invitados.html and tell me
if the description about you seems right :-)

Greetings!

- --