[Consol] Confirmación de John Gilmore

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Tue Nov 5 12:49:04 CST 2002

¡Hola!

Acá está el correo que me envió John Gilmore aceptando venir:

Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:16:14 -0800
From: John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com>
To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx>
Cc: ah at well.com, gnu at new.toad.com
Subject: Re: Invitation to Mexican National Free Software Conference
    (feb2003)

Gracias por su invitacíon.  No se para que es posible atendar, pero
quiero ir si es posible.

I will be in Mérida in Yucatan from Feb 10-20 for a drug policy
conference, so the timing of your conference is just about perfect.  I
have never been to either Mérida or Mexico City, so it will be a new
experience for me.  As you can see, my Spanish was learned in high
school twenty years ago, only used for a few weeks at a time on visits
to Baja or Mazatlan, and in restaurants, so I will need to practice.
But I am interested in doing so.  Spanish is my only language besides
English, and I don't want to fall into being a one-language person.

I will check with my sweetheart to see whether we can schedule to come
to your conference.  I would like to, if I can, and if I go, she (Ann
Harrison) will probably want to come too.  She's a journalist who
wrote one of the first press articles about Linux (for Software
Magazine).

I've been wanting to increase my involvement with the Latin American
community (which in any case is coming to dominate my home state of
California), and your conference provides me an excellent possibility.

	John Gilmore

Ahora, ¿quién es John Gilmore? Va pues. Tomo esta biografía de
http://www.eff.org/contact/board_bios.html:

John Gilmore
Co-Founder

John Gilmore is an entrepreneur and civil libertarian. He was an early
employee of Sun Microsystems, early open source author, and co-created
Cygnus Solutions, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Cypherpunks, the
DES Cracker, and the Internet's "alt" newsgroups. He's spent 30 years
doing programming, hardware and software design, management, philosophy,
philanthropy, and investment. Along with being a board member of EFF, he
is also on the Board of the Usenix Association, CodeWeavers, and ReQuest.
He's trying to get people to think more about the society they are
building. His advocacy on drug policy aims to reduce the immense harm
caused by current attempts to control the mental states of free citizens.
His advocacy on encryption policy aims to improve public understanding of
this fundamental technology for privacy and accountability in open
societies.

¡Saludos!

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf at campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118